BLC Internship Programme
*PLEASE NOTE* For the safety of our students during the current outbreak of COVID-19, as of Tuesday 17th March 2020 all BLC courses will be taught online until at least Friday 10th April 2020.
Our virtual classrooms are fully interactive and lessons will be taught by our experienced, certified teachers. You will have the opportunity to join a class with students from all over the world and progress your language level as if you were in real classroom.
Full-time, online courses are available to book as normal via our online form, please contact us if you have any questions.
Learn English in the workplace
BLC offers EU students the opportunity of a course at BLC followed by an internship in a local business. You have the option to carry out a full-time placement after completing a 4 week English course, or combine morning General English with a part-time placement in the afternoon for 2 or more weeks - ideal for the summer holidays or those short on time.
We can arrange placements in a variety of sectors, including retail, administration, marketing, finance, hospitality and many more, depending on your previous experience and personal goals.
To take part in the internship programme, you need to:
- Be an EU national
- Have an English language level of intermediate or above
- Have suitable experience or qualifications
- Provide an up-to-date CV and covering letter
- BLC will identify a suitable work placement in your chosen field, to suit your studies or experience
- Placements last from 2 weeks to 6 months
- All work placements are unpaid
- A BLC representative will accompany you to the introductory meeting with the company
- BLC will provide you with full details of the company, working conditions and times, public transport maps etc.
- BLC will provide you with a final report and certificate, detailing your successfully completed internship