English for Life and Work
Want to improve your English but don't have time for a day course?
The English for Life and Work course is focused on building communication skills and practising language to help you to feel better integrated into life in the UK – both at work and in your free time.
Our next course starts Tuesday 2nd April 2019 - book now!
Our English for Life and Work evening course is a fun, practical course designed to help you:
- Improve your English and fit a course around your job
- Be understood and improve your confidence
- Improve your experience of life and work in the UK
People who typically take this course are looking to improve their communication and confidence when dealing with the public and their colleagues - whether they have just arrived in Bristol or have been here a little while.
People who have benefitted from this course include shop and hotel assistants, au pairs, office administrators, engineers and accountants.
Improving your English can help you advance your career, open up new opportunities in your line of work, or just feel overall more comfortable communicating with colleagues, customers and managers better.
“The teacher was excellent. Evening course was always fun”
- Zuzana Grivalska, Slovakian, aged 28
You will study with people of a range of ages (everybody will be over 18) and with a variety of jobs and interests.
Students will have different strengths and weaknesses with their English, but you will study in a group of students with a similar overall level to you.
Classes are mostly multi-lingual with students from a variety of countries and first languages
- Classes can be tailored to the needs of the students. You can learn about CV writing and interview techniques, for example.
- We teach practical, real life English for effective office communication, giving you the confidence to use email andovercome your fear of using the telephone.
- Learn skills to help you choose the right words for the right situations at work.
All BLC teachers are qualified and experienced, and many have studied Teaching English as a Foreign Language to higher Diploma and Masters level. We are used to working with both multi-lingual and multi-cultural class groups and are trained in recognising and responding to individual student language and learning needs within group classes.
Convenient City Centre Location
The Bristol Language Centre is conveniently located in Bristol city centre with plenty of parking. There is free on-street parking after 6pm, and a car park opposite.
Course dates and times
Courses run every Tuesday from 4.30-6pm and 6.15pm to 7.45pm (90mins) during set course dates.
Our next course will start on 2nd April 2019 (10 weeks)
- £150 for 10 lessons.
- Materials are provided, however if you would like to purchase your own book your teacher will be able to advise you on the best one - approx. price £25
- Matteo Amione, Italian, aged 35
As a BLC student you’ll also get:
- Full support of our teaching staff, who are able to advise and counsel on any questions regarding your English level or tips how to improve your skills.
- Access to BLC’s Social Programme. We offer activities and excursions in the evening and at weekends wher you can join other BLC students and our dedicated BLC Social Programme Leader for a night out, cultural activities or a trip to another UK cities other cities on Saturdays. For full details see this months’ programme
All students on evening courses will receive a certificate of attendance at the end of the 10 weeks.