English for Life and Work
Want to improve your English but don't have time for a day course?
The English for Life and Work course is focused on building communication skills and practising language to help you to feel better integrated into life in the UK – both at work and in your free time.
Our English for Life and Work evening course is a fun, practical course designed to help you:
- Improve your English and fit a course around your job
- Be understood and improve your confidence
- Improve your experience of life and work in the UK
People who typically take this course are looking to improve their communication and confidence when dealing with the public and their colleagues.
People who have benefitted from this course include shop and hotel assistants, au pairs, office administrators, engineers and accountants.
Improving your English can help you get a promotion, do something different in your line of work, or just communicate with colleagues, customers and managers better.
“The teacher was excellent. Evening course was always fun”
- Zuzana Grivalska, Slovakian, aged 28
You will study with people of a range of ages (everybody will be over 18) and with a variety of jobs and interests.
Students will have different strengths and weaknesses with their English, but you will study in a group of students with a similar overall level to you.
Classes are mostly multi-lingual with students from a variety of countries and first languages
- Classes can be tailored to the needs of the students. You can learn about CV writing and interview techniques, for example.
- We teach practical, real life English for effective office communication, giving you the confidence to use email andovercome your fear of using the telephone.
- Learn skills to help you choose the right words for the right situations at work.
All BLC teachers are qualified and experienced, and many have studied Teaching English as a Foreign Language to higher Diploma and Masters level. We are used to working with both multi-lingual and multi-cultural class groups and are trained in recognising and responding to individual student language and learning needs within group classes.
Convenient City Centre Location
The Bristol Language Centre is conveniently located in Bristol city centre with plenty of parking. There is free on-street parking after 6pm, and a car park opposite.
Course dates and times
Courses run every Wednesday from 6.30pm to 8.00pm (90mins) between:
- 21st September to 23rd November. (10 weeks).
- 25th January 2017 - 29th March 2017 (10 weeks)
- 10th May 2017 - 12th July 2017 (8 weeks)
- 27th September 2017 - 29th November 2017 (10 weeks)
- £150 for 10 lessons.
- Plus £25 for your course book
- Matteo Amione, Italian, aged 35
As a BLC student you’ll also get:
- Access to our BLConTEXT service. While you are studying at BLC, we will send you a weekly SMS text message to help your English language learning with links to videos, websites and photos.
- Access to BLC’s Social Programme. We offer activities and excursions in the evening and at weekends wher you can join other BLC students and our dedicated BLC Social Programme Leader for a night out, cultural activities or a trip to another UK cities other cities on Saturdays. For full details see this months’ programme
- Students who enrol on evening courses are welcome to use the school computer suite before classes start. In our ground floor computer suite students can follow links to our suggested ‘Top 10 websites’ for learning and practising English.
All students on evening courses will receive a certificate of attendance at the end of the 10 weeks.
Please contact us if you have any questions.