Cambridge First Evening Course (formerly FCE)
10 lessons for £150Book Now
Want to study for the Cambridge FCE exam but don't have time for a day course?
BLC’s evening FCE exam course is focused on improving your English level alongside helping you learn the necessary exam skills and giving you the confidence to take this internationally recognised assessment.
Our next course is starting on Wednesday, September 27th! Click here to book your course.
Our FCE evening course is a fun, practical course designed to help you:
- Understand the familiarise yourself with the content of the FCE exam
- Learn tips, techniques and the skills required to help you take the exam with confidence
- Improve your overall English accuracy (grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation), comprehension (listening and reading) and production skills (speaking and writing).
Who's it for?
People who typically take this course
- Have an Intermediate (B1) to Upper Intermediate (B2) level of English
- Live and work or study in Bristol and want to improve their English for everyday use
- Want to gain an internationally recognised qualification, which is valid for life
- Want to improve their future job and promotion prospects with a recognised certificate on their CV
People who have previously benefitted from studying the CAE course at BLC include teachers, shop and hotel employees, university students, au pairs, office administrators, engineers and accountants.
“The teacher was excellent. Evening course was always fun”
- Zuzana Grivalska, Slovakian, aged 28
Classes are mostly multi-lingual, with students with a variety of jobs and interests and from a range of countries and first languages. Consequently, although you will study in a group with a similar overall level to you, students could have strengths and weaknesses in different skills. In this short 15-hour exam preparation course teachers will focus on essential aspects of the exam.
All BLC teachers are qualified and experienced, and many have studied Teaching English as a Foreign Language to higher Diploma and Masters level. We are used to working with both multi-lingual and multi-cultural class groups and are trained in recognising and responding to individual student language and learning needs within group classes.
Convenient City Centre Location
The Bristol Language Centre is conveniently located in Bristol city centre with plenty of parking. There is free on-street parking after 6pm, and a car park opposite.
Course dates and times
Courses run every Wednesday from 6.30pm to 8.00pm (90mins) during set course dates.
Our next course will run from Wednesday, September 27th to November 29th (10 weeks)
- £150 for 10 lessons.
- Plus £25 for your course book
- Matteo Amione, Italian, aged 35
As a BLC student you’ll also get:
- Full support of our teaching staff, who are able to advise and counsel on any questions regarding your English level or tips how to improve your skills.
- Access to BLC’s Social Programme. We offer activities and excursions in the evening and at weekends wher you can join other BLC students and our dedicated BLC Social Programme Leader for a night out, cultural activities or a trip to another UK cities other cities on Saturdays. For full details see this months’ programme
All students on evening courses will receive a certificate of attendance at the end of the 10 weeks.
Please contact us if you have any questions.