Cambridge Advanced (CAE)
Prices from £255 / WeekBook Now
Preparation for internationally recognised exams
Cambridge Advanced (CAE) is an advanced (C1) level English language qualification with the following exam papers: Speaking, Listening, Writing, Reading and Use of English (grammar and vocabulary).
Students who study for and pass this exam successfully:
- Have a minimum of an upper intermediate (B2) level of English at the start of the course
- Want the challenge of improving their English and achieving better accuracy, broadening their range of vocabulary, and developing skills competency at an advanced (C1) level – this is a high-level qualification!
- Need to improve their general English for use at work and in future study*
*Depending on the programme of study and university applied for, the CAE qualification can be used as proof of English language level for study on some university courses in the UK
Why take a Cambridge Exam course?
- To gain an international certificate to give you official proof of your English level
- To enhance your CV and your future job prospects with a qualification which is recognised by institutions and employers around the world and which is valid forever
- To make significant improvements to your English by working in a structured way, towards a set goal, and in a fixed timeframe to ensure that you make fast progression and acquire a better language level
What you will learn on the BLC Cambridge Advanced (CAE) course
- You will study key topics which often feature in the exam and the structures and vocabulary associated with these topics.
- You will learn tips, techniques and strategies to help you to complete exam tasks more confidently and successfully for each exam paper and its different parts.
- You will review, consolidate and expand your range of grammatical structures and areas of vocabulary which you will need for the exam.
- You will practise speaking, listening, reading and writing skills to improve your abilities in all areas of your English.
How you will study on the course
- The class will follow an exam course book chosen to work to the needs of the group. Additional materials used will include audio and online resources and sample exam papers.
- You will have the additional support of the BLC Exams Tutor who sets up and runs additional exam practice sessions. These sessions take place once a week after afternoon classes and involve timed test practice for each part of the exam. You can use these sessions to help you to identify your strengths and weaknesses and to monitor your progress as you work towards exam success.
Course dates 2018
- 2nd January 2018 - 16th March 2018 (11 Weeks) CAE exam 17 March 2018
- 19th March 2018 - 8th June 2018 (12 Weeks) CAE exam 13 June 2018
- 25 June 2018 - 24th August 2018 (9 Weeks) CAE exam 24 August 2018
- 25th September 2018 - 7th December 2018 (12 Weeks) CAE exam 8 December 2018
|Cost per week|
|1-7 weeks||8-12 weeks||13-23 weeks||24+ weeks|
Please note there is also a £15/week summer supplement for all courses throughout July and August
The Cambridge Advanced Exam Preparation studies are also available as an evening course Read more...