Terms and conditions
How to Apply
Course applications can be made online by the following form https://www.blc-english.com/booking-general or email firstname.lastname@example.org where the team will be happy to help.
How to Pay
BLC accepts Bank Transfer, credit card and Pay to Study as methods of payment for fees.
Please use the below link for all Pay to Study payments -
Please contact BLC on email@example.com for Bank Account details or the credit card payment form.
When you book a place on a course with BLC, you agree to the following terms and conditions
- Courses are subject to availability.
- All students are required to give contact details of a close relative including a phone number.
- Students must comply with school rules regarding accommodation, attendance at social activities and conduct within the school. Where students persistently break the rules or commit an act of gross misconduct, the school reserves the right to ask the student to leave.
- We strongly advise you to take out full travel and medical insurance before you travel. Insurance should cover personal belongings such as laptops, cameras and smartphones, as well as the loss of tuition fees if you have to cancel a course or return home.
- Most of our courses have flexible start dates but we strongly advise that very low level students on Intensive and General English programmes arrive and start courses at the beginning of term.
- It is your responsibility to check the visa requirements to study in the UK for your country; BLC can provide supporting documents once your course deposit has been received.
- BLC must be informed of any allergies, medical conditions or learning disabilities that may affect your course at the time of booking.
- All information is correct at the time of printing. BLC cannot be held accountable for any change in EU legistlation after the time of publication.
- Fees must be paid at least 4 weeks before your course begins. If you book less than 4 weeks before you start, you must send the full payment immediately to secure your place.
- All visa students are required to transfer all course and accommodation fees as soon as their visa is approved.
- Fees include tuition, assessment test, and use of school facilities including free internet access, as well as access to our BLC Anytime and our Mobile Learning programme. The Junior Summer Programme fees do not include BLC Anytime, but do also include the social and cultural activity programme and a local bus pass.
- Fees do not include examination fees, course books, insurance or the activities programme (except on the Junior Summer Programme). The activity programme costs approximately £30 per week.
- All courses are subject to a £50 registration fee
Deposits and additional costs
- All students must pay a course deposit of £300, deductible from the total course fees.
- A course book is compulsory for courses of 3 or more weeks. The first book is £30, any additional books are £20. For courses of 1-2 weeks, students have the option to buy or rent their book.
- The course change fee is £15.
Cancellation & refund policy
- If you cancel your course for any reason, your deposit is non-refundable.
- If you require a visa to study in the UK and your application is refused, if you then decide not to pursue your course then BLC will refund 50% of your deposit, subject to receiving a copy of your visa refusal letter.
- If you send us written cancellation at least 4 weeks before the start of your course, we will refund the course fees, minus the course deposit. If you cancel less than 4 weeks before the start of your course, we will refund 50% of your course fees minus the course deposit.
- Refunds cannot be made for late arrival, early departure, non-arrival or absence during a course. If for any reason you stop your course early, your tuition fees are non-refundable.
- International bank transfers are subject to a £12 charge. BLC will not be liable for any additional costs of international bank transfers. International debit and credit cards are subject to a 3% charge. UK debit cards are exempt from charges.
- The school will close for 2 weeks for Christmas and New Year holidays.
- There is no reduction in fees for courses which include public holidays.
- If you want to take a holiday during your course, you must let us know in writing at least 2 weeks beforehand. Subject to completion of BLC’s official Holiday Request Form, holiday periods of full weeks will be added to your course. Please note that holidays taken for individual days, or absence due to sickness, will not be added to your course.
- Students are eligible to take a holiday after 12 weeks of continuous study.
Absences during course time
- Visa students must comply with UK visa regulations. There will be no refunds for students who fail to comply with visa regulations.
- Any unauthorised absences from lessons will count towards your attendance record. Students with less than 80% attendance will not receive an end of course certificate.
Additional information regarding accommodation arranged by BLC
- Students should arrive on Sunday and depart on Saturday wherever possible, particularly during the busy summer months.
- Please arrive at your accommodation by 22.30 (but not before 07.00); arrivals after this time will incur a late arrival fee of £20.
- For adult courses, students are placed one student per room, unless otherwise requested. Where junior students share a room, this will be clearly stated.
- All accommodation changes for reasons other than those stated on the application form will incur a charge of £40.
- We require 2 weeks' notice to arrange host family accommodation. Host family accommodation will only be allocated once flight details are received, and where applicable, your visa has been approved.
- If you require a visa, please allow plenty of time for your application and inform us as soon as you receive a response. If your visa is approved less than 2 weeks before you are due to travel, you may be required to postpone your arrival or make other arrangements for your accommodation.
- A notice period of 1 week for cancelling or changing your host family applies. Changes should always take place at weekends.
- The minimum length of stay is 1 week.
- Dietary requirements can be catered to however there may be a supplement to pay. BLC must be informed of this along with any allergies, medical conditions or learning disabilities at the time of booking.
- A refundable deposit of £200 is required for residences, in case of damage. You must pay this on arrival (youc an pay by debit/credit card). Rooms are checked on arrival and departure.
- All residences are subject to a £30 cleaning fee.
- Double occupancy supplement of £50 per week (BLC City Centre Studios or Extra-Large Single Room in Elephant House only).
- The minimum length of stay is 2 weeks in Elephant House, or 1 week in the BLC City Centre Studios.
- A notice period of 2 weeks applies for cancelling or changing your residential accommodation. For bookings of 3 months or longer the notice period is 4 weeks. Changes should always take place at the weekends.
- All residences aer subject to availability.
- Students must adhere to the rules of the residence. Failure to do so may result in your accommodation being terminated without refund.
- BLC will be closed for the Christmas break from 19 December until 3 January 2021. During this time you may either remain with your host family if they are available, or if you would like to make other plans and return to the same host family upon your return you can opt to pay a retainer fee. Residential accommdoation is subject to availability.