Terms and conditions
How to Apply
Course applications can be made online by the following form https://www.blc-english.com/booking-general or email firstname.lastname@example.org where the team will be happy to help.
How to Pay
BLC accepts Bank Transfer, credit card and Pay to Study as methods of payment for fees.
Please use the below link for all Pay to Study payments -
Please contact BLC on email@example.com for Bank Account details or the credit card payment form.
When you book a place on a course with BLC, you agree to the following terms and conditions
Arrival and departure
- Students should arrive on Sunday and leave on Saturday wherever possible.
- Please arrive at your accommodation by 22.30 (but not before 07.00), or you will incur a late arrival fee of £20.
- Fees must be paid at least 4 weeks before your course begins. If you book less than 4 weeks before you start, you must send the full payment immediately to secure your place.
- Fees include tuition, assessment test, and use of school facilities including free internet access, as well as access to our BLC Anytime and BLConTEXT online and mobile learning programmes, with the exception of summer and group packages which do not include BLC Anytime and BLConTEXT. The Junior Summer Programme fees also include the social and cultural activity programme and a local bus pass.
- Fees do not include examination fees, course books, insurance or the activities programme (except on the Junior Summer Programme). The activity programme costs approximately £35 per week.
- Registration fee of £50 is additional to course fees.
Deposits and additional costs
- All students must pay a course deposit of £300, which includes the £50 registration fee.
- If you cancel your course, your deposit (including the registration fee) are non-refundable in any event.
- If you send us written cancellation at least 4 weeks before the start of your course, we will refund the course fees, minus the course deposit. If you cancel less than 4 weeks before the start of your course, we will refund 50% of your course fees, minus the course deposit. Refunds cannot be made for late arrival, early departure or absence during a course.
- Bank transfers are subject to a £12 charge. BLC will not be liable for any additional costs of international bank transfers. International debit and credit cards are subject to a 3% charge. UK debit cards are exempt from charges.
- Course change fee is £15.
- The school will close for 2 weeks for Christmas and New Year holidays. There is no reduction in fees for courses which include public holidays.
Absences during course time
- Visa students must comply with UK visa regulations. There will be no refunds for students who fail to comply with visa regulations.
- Any unauthorised absences from lessons will count towards your attendance record. Students with less than 80% attendance will not receive an end of course certificate.
- If you want to take a holiday during your course, you must let us know in writing at least 2 weeks beforehand. Subject to completion of BLC’s official Holiday Request Form, holiday periods of full weeks will be added to your course. Please note that holidays taken for individual days, or absence due to sickness, will not be added to your course.
- Where availability of residences is limited, students must pay full course fees in advance to secure the booking.
- You must give at least 2 weeks’ notice if changing or cancelling accommodation in a residence.
- You must give at least 1 week’s notice if changing or cancelling homestay accommodation.
- All accommodation changes for reasons other than those stated on the application form will incur a charge of £40.
- Courses are subject to availability.
- All students are required to give contact details of a close relative including a phone number.
- Students must comply with school rules regarding accommodation, attendance at social activities and conduct within the school. Where students persistently break the rules or commit an act of gross misconduct, the school reserves the right to ask the student to leave.
- We advise you to take out full insurance before you travel. This is particularly important for non-EU students.