Terms and conditions
How to Apply
Course applications can be made online or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org where the team will be happy to help.
How to Pay
BLC accepts Bank Transfer, credit card and Pay to Study as methods of payment for fees.
Please use this link for all Pay to Study payments https://blc.paytostudy.com/
Please contact BLC on email@example.com for Bank Account details or the credit card payment form.
When you book a place on a course with BLC, you agree to the following terms and conditions
Additional Terms and Conditions for 2021/2022 course bookings
In the current global Coronavirus situation and resulting changing nature of international travel, we want you to be able to book your English course in Bristol with peace of mind.
BLC is offering flexible postponement for all new course bookings and accommodation in 2021/2022
- Please note that while we can be flexible with services provided by BLC, we cannot be held responsible for any other costs involved in your language stay (for example flights) at any time. You must therefore take out insurance before you travel and ideally send us proof with the policy schedule.
- If you have shown any symptoms of Coronavirus, been in contact with someone showing Coronavirus symptoms or have a medical condition that could put you at additional risk (for example asthma) you must inform us, even if it means we need to postpone your course. The health and safety of our staff and students is our highest priority.
- If you start to show symptoms after arrival you will be asked to return to your accommodation immediately. You will then need to quarantine for 14 days without exception; our host families and residences are prepared for this.
- If your period of 14-day quarantine finishes after the end of your course/planned departure date, you must still complete the 14 days (as per the UK ‘Coronavirus Act’) and the cost of extending your accommodation and any other costs incurred (for example your return flight) will be your responsibility
- All medical conditions must be disclosed in full before we accept your booking (See here for more information about our Safety Measures & Frequently Asked Questions)
All other standard Ts & Cs apply:
- Courses are subject to availability.
- All students are required to give contact details of a close relative including a phone number.
- Students must comply with school rules regarding accommodation, attendance at social activities and conduct within the school. Where students persistently break the rules or commit an act of gross misconduct, the school reserves the right to ask the student to leave.
- We strongly advise you to take out full travel and medical insurance before you travel. Insurance should cover personal belongings such as laptops, cameras and smartphones, as well as the loss of tuition fees if you have to cancel a course or return home.
- Most of our courses have flexible start dates but we strongly advise that very low level students on Intensive and General English programmes arrive and start courses at the beginning of term.
- It is your responsibility to check the visa requirements to study in the UK for your country; BLC can provide supporting documents once your course deposit has been received.
- BLC must be informed of any allergies, medical conditions or learning disabilities that may affect your course at the time of booking.
- All information is correct at the time of printing. BLC cannot be held accountable for any change in EU legistlation after the time of publication.
- In the event of a new lockdown, all face-to-face courses will be moved online and will continue without interruption.
- Force Majeure: in the event of the school having to close and/or students having to return home early for reasons of natural disaster such as fire/flooding/infectious diseases or war/terrorism, etc, which are beyond the reasonable control of the school, no refunds will be made. We will make all efforts to keep the school open and running but this may necessitate making some classes larger or changing the timetable to allow staff to cover all scheduled lessons.
- We may offer discounts or promotions. Not all promotions will be for the same price, percentage or available for the same amount of time. Promotions may or may not occur in accordance with regular commercial promotional periods. All promotions and discounts are at the discretion of BLC. Promotions are only available within the time period stated with the promotion.
- You may occasionally be included in promotional material – photos for brochures, social media, DVDs or other such advertising material. By agreeing to these Terms and Conditions, you are opting in to your image being used by IH Bristol for marketing purposes. If you prefer not to have your image used, please contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line: Image use.
- Fees must be paid at least 4 weeks before your course begins. If you book less than 4 weeks before you start, you must send the full payment immediately to secure your place.
- All visa students are required to transfer all course and accommodation fees as soon as their visa is approved.
- Fees include tuition, assessment test, and use of school facilities including free internet access. The Junior Summer Programme includes the social and cultural activity programme and a local bus pass.
- Fees do not include examination fees, course books, insurance or the activities programme (except on the Junior Summer Programme). The activity programme costs approximately £30 per week.
- All courses are subject to a £50 registration fee
Deposits and additional costs
- All students must pay a non-refundable course deposit of £300, deductible from the total course fees.
- A coursebook is compulsory for all courses and costs £30
- The course change fee is £15.
Cancellation & refund policy
- If you cancel your course for any reason, your deposit is non-refundable.
- If you send us written cancellation at least 4 weeks before the start of your course, we will refund the course fees, minus the course deposit. If you cancel less than 4 weeks before the start of your course, we will refund 50% of your course fees minus the course deposit.
- Refunds cannot be made for late arrival, early departure, non-arrival or absence during a course. If for any reason you stop your course early, your tuition fees are non-refundable.
- International bank transfers are subject to a £12 charge. BLC will not be liable for any additional costs of international bank transfers. International debit and credit cards are subject to a 3% charge. UK debit cards are exempt from charges.
- The school will close for 2 weeks for Christmas and New Year holidays.
- There is no reduction in fees for courses which include public holidays.
- If you want to take a holiday during your course, you must let us know in writing at least 2 weeks beforehand. Subject to completion of BLC’s official Holiday Request Form, holiday periods of full weeks will be added to your course. Please note that holidays taken for individual days, or absence due to sickness, will not be added to your course.
- Students are eligible to take a holiday after 12 weeks of continuous study.
Absences during course time
- Visa students must comply with UK visa regulations. There will be no refunds for students who fail to comply with visa regulations.
- Any unauthorised absences from lessons will count towards your attendance record. Students with less than 80% attendance will not receive an end of course certificate.
Additional information regarding accommodation arranged by BLC
- Students should arrive on Sunday and depart on Saturday wherever possible, particularly during the busy summer months.
- Please arrive at your accommodation by 22.30 (but not before 07.00); arrivals after this time will incur a late arrival fee of £20.
- For adult courses, students are placed one student per room, unless otherwise requested. Where junior students share a room, this will be clearly stated.
- All accommodation changes for reasons other than those stated on the application form will incur a charge of £40.
- We require 2 weeks' notice to arrange host family accommodation. Host family accommodation will only be allocated once flight details are received, and where applicable, your visa has been approved.
- If you require a visa, please allow plenty of time for your application and inform us as soon as you receive a response. If your visa is approved less than 2 weeks before you are due to travel, you may be required to postpone your arrival or make other arrangements for your accommodation.
- A notice period of 1 week for cancelling or changing your host family applies. Changes should always take place at weekends.
- The minimum length of stay is 1 week.
- Dietary requirements can be catered to however there may be a supplement to pay. BLC must be informed of this along with any allergies, medical conditions or learning disabilities at the time of booking.
- In summer 2022, BLC plans to offer university residential accommodation for adult accommodation, in addition to homestays. The terms and conditions below are standard terms and conditions for residences in addition to Ts and Cs specific to individual residences. You will be notified of these at the time of booking.
- A refundable deposit of £200 is required for residences, in case of damage. You must pay this on arrival (you can pay by debit/credit card). Rooms are checked on arrival and departure.
- All residences are subject to a £30 cleaning fee.
- A notice period of 2 weeks applies for cancelling or changing your residential accommodation.
- All residences aer subject to availability.
- Students must adhere to the rules of the residence. Failure to do so may result in your accommodation being terminated without refund.
- BLC will be closed for the Christmas break from 19 December until 3 January 2021. During this time you may either remain with your host family if they are available, or if you would like to make other plans and return to the same host family upon your return you can opt to pay a retainer fee. Residential accommdoation is subject to availability.